East Coast Wineries
If you are interested in wineries along the East coast of Tasmania our motel is a great accommodation base to Explore the East Coast Wine Route
The East coast Wine Route
Not just wineries but a place filled with reasons to just stop...
Yes, it’s picture-perfect, white sand beaches and open, endless blue horizons. It’s places that make you feel like you’re the first person to leave a footprint. It’s national parks filled with wonders, and seaside towns filled with welcome. It’s a gourmet food bowl bursting with the best local fare matched to full-flavoured wines, harvested from the east coast wine route’s boutique vineyards.
But it’s much more than that.
This is a place of stories, of encounters and treasures. A place where small, unexpected moments become lifelong memories and where taking a break can not only refresh, but reinvent. This is a place where everyday pressures are forgotten, a place that gives you time and space, where there is always something new to discover; every time in every season.
The east coast is 220 beautiful kilometres full of reasons to just stop. To take a moment. To begin to see life a little differently. Once you visit, you’ll understand. And once you understand, we promise, you’ll want to come back. Again. And again.
East Coast Vineyards
Our accommodation is just 11 minutes from The Milton Vineyard.
- Milton Vineyard was first farmed in 1826 initially for fine Tasmanian wool but is now producing fine cool climate wines. They are located at 42 Degrees South on the dry sunny Freycinet Coast of Tasmania the grapes are grown on free draining red loam liberally sprinkled with dolerite rocks. Tasmania lends itself to boutique vineyards. This vineyard has a unique micro-climate that suits the ancient grape Pinot Noir. Also in the 5 hectare vineyard are plantings of the aromatics Pinot Gris, Riesling, and Gewurztraminer. Their focus is on producing small quantities of handmade wine. Close attention is paid to every detail in the vineyard and the wines represent this exacting work. P. 03 62578298 E. email@example.com http://www.miltonvineyard.com.au/
Spring Vale Vineyard
Just a 12 minute drive from Swansea Motor Inn to Spring Vale Vineyard on the East Coast of Tasmania.
- Sping Vale is a Small family winery producing Pinot Noir, Gewurztraminer, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Sparkling. Both the Spring Vale homestead and the cellar door building are heritage listed. The cellar door is actually a stable, which was built by convict labour in 1842. The stable has been preserved (with minor restorations necessary) and is now a unique cellar door building with a very historic feel. In the same room, a modern Macrocarpa pine bar and impressive Myrtle shelving have been installed, to offer a great mixture of old and new. The cellar is open 7 days a week (excluding Christmas Day and Boxing Day). During winter, it is advisable to ring first to check if we're open (especially for a weekend visit)- call (03) 6257 8208. E. firstname.lastname@example.org
Just a quick 13 minute drive from the Motel to Gala Estate
- Gala Estate is recognised as the second oldest business in Tasmania est. 1821. Located on steep and rocky ironstone hills with a northerly aspect-the vineyard’s ideal terroir has now produced a premium range of cool climate wines. P. 0408681014 E. email@example.com
Devils Corner Vineyard /Brown Brothers
Devil's Corner Cellar door is a 21 minute Drive from our accommodation.
- Intrepid sailors navigating Tasmania's Tamar River discovered a treacherous bend and named it Devil's corner. Beyond the tumltuous waters they found an amazing sanctuary, where still waters rewarded their navigational efforts. Their courage in pursuing this sanctuary is celebrated in this truly cool-climate, finely crafted wine from exceptional Tasmanian terroir.Devils Corner Vineyard is on the East Coast of Tasmania and has a maritime climate, pristine air and perfect terroir- and a spectacular view of the famous Hazard of the Freycinet Peninsla. Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris and Riesling cool-climate wines have been crafted with fresh, vibrant fruit intensity, the Pinot Noir being the hero of the range.Devils Corner Vineyard Devils Corner at the Hazards Vineyard overlooks the spectacular scenery of Moulting Lagoon and the Freycinet Peninsula. P. 03 62578881 E. firstname.lastname@example.org web http://www.brownbrothers.com.au/
Our Motel is a 24 minute drive to Freycinet Vineyard on the East Coast of Tasmania
Absolute dedication, no compromise
- Inspired by the tremendous opportunities of the East Coast of Tasmania, Geoff and Susan Bull cleared the site in 1978, planted the first vines in 1979 and established the first commerical winery on the East Coast. They were early pioneers in a new region which years later revealed exciting quality potential in wines. The region now boasts over a dozen different vineyards.The Freycinet Vineyard and Winery is family owned with daughter Lindy Bull and her partner Claudio Radenti taking over the family tradition of gently handcrafting the wines.The wines are a delicious liquid expression of the grape varieties, the season and our unique place on earth. Fragrant, estate grown and pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil is also available. P. 03 62578574 E. email@example.com
The Darlington Vineyard is a 45 minute drive from Swansea Motor Inn
- Darlington Vineyard is situated on a 2 hectare site located a kilometre from the sheltered waters of Prosser Bay on Tasmania’s Freycinet coast. The vineyard takes its name from the historical settlement of Darlington on nearby Maria Island; the site of an audacious vineyard experiment established in 1885 and abandoned a decade later.The dry east coast conditions and the hungry soil provide Darlington with its unique terroir. Personal attention to each vine and low cropping rates ensure small berries and intense flavours in our elegant cool climate Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc. P. 03 62571630 E. firstname.lastname@example.org